As the seasons change. So does our skin. You have to look at your face like a canvas. If the canvas isn’t smooth and clean, whatever you paint on it won’t come out as even or as beautiful as it should. Our face is exactly the same.
As a skin care therapist I fully recommend getting routine facials to keep your skin looking it’s best. And getting into healthy skin care habits at home. Once that’s done everything else is a breeze.
For Spring and Summer keep in mind that less is more.
Here are some fabulous tips to keep your skin looking its best during this gorgeous season.
1. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I can't say this enough. Your skin will thank you! It makes such a difference when your skin is hydrated. Dermalogica offers a great collection of moisturizers for all skin types. Make sure you find one that suits yours. Feel free to come in for a free skin analysis with us and find out what's best for your skin. Your skin changes all the time, age, hormones, weather all play a big role in how our skin looks and reacts.
2. I absolutely love Dermalogica’s skin perfectprimer with spf30. It smooth’s away fine lines, brightens and primes for flawless skin or makeup application. Velvety silicones create an instantly smooth surface. Pearl powder and natural earth minerals provide a neutral tint to help balance tone and enhance luminosity. Peptides and AGE Smart® actives help firm and shield against MMP and free radical damage, as sunscreens shield against sun damage. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors. Forego the foundation, take my word for it this leaves your skin gorgeous and luminous.
3. I love butter London’s cheeky! It’s a cream based blush and comes in an array of beautiful colors.
TIP: always smile when putting on your blush and find the apple of your cheeks. Apply in a circular motion. Less is more. You want to look like your blushing.
Ps. Cheeky can be used on your lips!!!! Yeah 2 for one!
4. Apply a lip scrub. We love the Sara Happ's Lip Scrub. It gets rid of dry, chapped, flaky skin and leaves your lips so soft and smooth! They come in different flavours so you can choose one or all of them! You’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
5. Apply gloss. I love gloss. It fills in fine lines and can make your lips appear fuller. Especially as you get older gloss is the way to go! Make your lips appear more youthful. Who doesn’t want that?
Sara explains it best: “I realized I wasn’t the only girl who had six lip glosses floating around in her bag at all times. Most girls do. It’s because we’re constantly searching for the right product; one that illuminates our unique skin tone, and that we don’t have to re-apply constantly. We've solved both of those problems."
6. I love illuminated skin in the summer. It makes your skin look so pretty. St. Tropez has an illuminator that I absolutely adore. I apply it on the bridge of my nose, and highlight my cheeks with it. It makes your skin look a little bit dewy for a fresh youthful glow.
7. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to reshape clients brows due to over tweezing! At home you tend to over-tweeze. You grab one hair then you grab another then realize the other brow is off so you begin tweezing that side to match what you’ve done. Then you tweeze a little more then you realize holy crap! I’m left with no brows…. I always say get your brows done professionally. And maintain them with minor and I mean minor tweezing if necessary at home. We all can’t be born with beautiful Brooke Shields brows. Fill in your brows. They frame your face! If your brows are sparse or have gaps fill in with a brow pencil. We love The BROWGAL eyebrow pencil. It's not a one size fits all, which is fantastic! They come in six custom blended shades to perfectly match a wide variety of hair colors. One end has a spoolie for brushing your brows and a built in sharpener and the other end is your pencil. How brilliant is that! No more rummaging for your sharpener!
Tip: Look at your root hair color. You want your brow color to match your root color for a natural look. Then determine whether your hair is warm or ash. Warm hair contains tones of copper, auburn, red or chestnut. Ash hair tones don’t have any of those tones.
8. You can accentuate those new brows with a highlighter. BrowGal’s offers a matte and shimmer side all in one! Love this!
9. Apply a coat of mascara. I honestly love good drugstore mascara. Maybelline Great Lash (the one in the pink and green tube) for everyday. Its inexpensive and it works!
10. If your looking for a lot of drama, go for Dior Addict It-Lash creates long and curved lashes giving you doe-like lashes. Lots of volume!!
Keep your makeup routine simple this Summer.
What are some of your favorite beauty products?